Iso & img

sysutils/ccd2iso does it the other way around. I don't know if anything exists to author clonecd images under freebsd, but if there were, you could mount the .iso from mdconfig and go from there like any old cd/dvd.

fronclynne said:
sysutils/ccd2iso does it the other way around. I don't know if anything exists to author clonecd images under freebsd, but if there were, you could mount the .iso from mdconfig and go from there like any old cd/dvd.

I tried out ccd2iso but it doesn't work. It starts but then suddenly stops with the error that it is most likely not a valid *.img, while in fact it is since I can boot the image.

Are you sure the .img isn't just the result of a [cmd=c:\>]dd if=/dev/acd0 of=file.img[/cmd]? That would tend to make your .img file an .iso file already.

Oh, it's a USB image. Now I feel silly.

I'll download and play with it a bit, but I don't think there's a direct conversion utility, I would suspect you have to mount the .img, and use mkisofs to build your .iso image from it.

fronclynne said:
Oh, it's a USB image. Now I feel silly.

I'll download and play with it a bit, but I don't think there's a direct conversion utility, I would suspect you have to mount the .img, and use mkisofs to build your .iso image from it.

I was just wondering to be able to reduce download time when you need to boot in case of absence of a cdrom drive or in the other case when USB boot is not available. Then you create one from the other.

I could boot the DragonFlyBSD, but needed to perform a fsck on the USB-drive, then restart again in order to be able to run the installer.

Back