Is Xserver ported to freeBSD yet (I mean not as binary blob supported by CentOS)?

S

slackguy

Just yes or no.

(1) Is compat/linux-c7 a list of binary blob from centOS or does it fully compile (ie, where is source or are you sure)?

(2) X10 and X11 I'm sure were ported to BSD and freeBSD. Is Xserver now no longer ported? I do not mean resides in "ports" dir, I mean compiles using the freeBSD base system without emulators. (ie where is source or are you sure?)

Just yes or no.
Yes. (and I might add: for ages…)
(1) Is compat/linux-c7 a list of binary blob from centOS or does it fully compile (ie, where is source or are you sure)?
The Linux compatibility userland (linux-c7 ports) mainly repackages binaries from Centos. It's perfectly possible to compile Linux binaries on FreeBSD, but it doesn't make sense for a compatibility layer. For an X server, this is definitely the wrong place to look.
I do not mean resides in "ports" dir, I mean compiles using the freeBSD base system without emulators.
Which is actually the same, ports are exactly for that purpose, so I don't really understand this question. The port for Xorg's Xserver was already named above…

Back