Is this normal or is this an error?

Recently when I start KDE with
Code:
xinit startkde
The KDE opens, but with a window named "xinit" or "init"(i am not sure, would have to start FreeBSD VM again to see. Basically x'ing out of it would crash KDE and send me back to the console screen. While this thing is on, it keeps showing messages on this console xterm like window. I am not sure if these massages are nowmal, or is it telling me errors. If it is indeed telling me errors...then it is a lot of errors.

I have attached a txt file that contains the stuff the was on the console like xterm window. I copied it from that xterm like window into gedit to save the contents, then uploaded it to the cloud, so I could tell and ask you folks here about what I was experiencing. I would also like to state that this is happening on FreeBSD version 11.3. The major version of KDE that I am using is KDE5. I do not know the sub-version as in (5.##........). I would appreciate any help that i receive here.

Attachments

• Errors on a console screen login.txt
    85.2 KB · Views: 393
Why don't you start KDE with a display manager, like sddm for example?
Bash:
pkg install sddm dbus
sysrc sddm_enable=YES
sysrc dbus_enable=YES
service dbus start
service sddm start

and remove any other automation that starts X and KDE now.

IIRC KDE should start just with startkde, the .xinit is to automatize and start others things together. When using the .xinit file you would just need startx.

Relizedd i did not do it for the normal user, as I had to install everything on root. Fixed it. Now had another issue. :(

Back