IPFW Is there iptables to ipfw translator ?

I'm new to freebsd I want to make these rules
Iptables -t Nat -A POSTROUTING -o tun0 -s 192.168.1.0/24 -j MASQUERADE
Iptables -A PREROUTING -I tun0 -p 17 --dport 1024:65535 -j DNAT --to 192.168.1.195:1024-65535

It does not say that it supports pf or ipfw.
Firewall Builder "makes firewall management easy by providing a drag-and-drop GUI application that can be used to configure Linux iptables, Cisco ASA and PIX, Cisco FWSM, Cisco router access lists, pf, ipfw and ipfilter for BSD, and HP ProCurve ACL firewalls".

Firewall Builder "makes firewall management easy by providing a drag-and-drop GUI application that can be used to configure Linux iptables, Cisco ASA and PIX, Cisco FWSM, Cisco router access lists, pf, ipfw and ipfilter for BSD, and HP ProCurve ACL firewalls".
Does it really? I might give it a go then.

On first impression, there is an awful lot more to learn in order to use the program, than to do the firewall manually.
The original poster asked about translating iptables to ipfw. That was the subject I was addressing.

The Firewall Builder FAQ says:
3.1. Is there any way to import iptables (or ipfilter, pf, ipfw or PIX) rules to Firewall Builder?

Firewall Builder GUI has built-in policy importer that can import iptables policy saved with iptables-save script. It can also import Cisco IOS access lists configuration saved using "show run" command. You can access importer via main menu "File / Import Policy" Currently there is no way to import existing ipfilter, pf or ipfw firewall configuration into Firewall Builder.
which addresses the question (though you may need a linux machine to service iptables save to get the rules in the format anticipated).

Several of my former colleagues used the Firewall Builder to build and maintain their home firewalls (mostly managing their kids activities on the Internet). I have never used it seriously myself, and accept that the initial investment may be significant. However, like most of these tools it probably does things automatically that a hand-built firewall may miss, plus the real benefit comes when you change your network, and can generate a new set of rules with minimal effort.

Back