Other Is there any good editor or IDE for F# in FreeBSD Ports?

Monodevelop seems to be dropped on FreeBSD 12.0 and after, and Visual Studio Code doesn't exists on Ports...
any good alternatives?

Yeah. Finding Microsoft Windows software on a UNIX system will be as difficult as fitting square pegs into round holes or finding UNIX software on Windows but if you insist on using alien software then the best editor is any UNIX editor meaning, as always, vim and emacs.

Actually, Electron (devel/electron4) landed on the ports tree, so having Visual Studio Code available on FreeBSD is not unlikely. There is already a port available on GitHub here (for why it is not on the ports tree yet, see here). I haven't try it myself though.

Yeah. Finding Microsoft Windows software on a UNIX system will be as difficult as fitting square pegs into round holes or finding UNIX software on Windows but if you insist on using alien software then the best editor is any UNIX editor meaning, as always, vim and emacs.

Thanks! then, does vim and emacs have syntax highlightening for F#?

Actually, Electron (devel/electron4) landed on the ports tree, so having Visual Studio Code available on FreeBSD is not unlikely. There is already a port available on GitHub here (for why it is not on the ports tree yet, see here). I haven't try it myself though.
Thanks, but I'll wait for official port. since I'm newbie, compiling from tarball make me headache.

compiling from tarball make me headache.
You don't have to. If you trust the guy, he provides packages ready to install here.

You probably will want to steer clear of anything Electron based for the time being:
I read that this morning. But it is said that :
local access is needed, so remote attacks to modify Electron apps aren't (currently) a threat.
So my understanding is that if you use "trusted sources" ™ for your Apps and you are alone using your Desktop, then you are fine.

So my understanding is that if you use "trusted sources" ™ for your Apps and you are alone using your Desktop, then you are fine.
But attackers could backdoor applications and then redistribute them, and the modified applications would be unlikely to trigger warnings—since their digital signature is not modified.
It wouldn't be the first time hackers managed to infiltrate "official" repositories and backdoored an application.

You don't have to. If you trust the guy, he provides packages ready to install here.

I read that this morning. But it is said that :

That's a good news, thanks!

It wouldn't be the first time hackers managed to infiltrate "official" repositories and backdoored an application.
I didn't thought about backdoors;; I just thought about so many 'Compile error's I saw when I tried to compile Monodevelop.

Back