Is there an SBC with 2GB RAM and working HDMI that supports FreeBSD?

Jason_25

I have looked around on the FreeBSD wiki on the ARM section and all I see is 1GB boards that look to be well supported. Are there are boards with the combination of 2GB RAM and HDMI working within FreeBSD?

OP
OP
J

Jason_25

Thanks for that. The existing (mx6?) wandboards are a little too large for my application. I would like to make a FreeBSD pocket device. The upcoming "Wand Pi 8M Pro" looks like the Raspberry Pi but has 2GB RAM so that looks like a good choice if it will be supported. For now, I can use a Raspberry Pi.

ronaldlees

Aspiring Daemon

The Odroid XU4 would be a pretty decent candidate, IMO - if it could boot with FreeBSD. There's a port being worked on for NetBSD, but I think it's booting only to a primitive stage at this point. That's too bad, cuz the XU4 is a Pi form factor, 2GHz and 2Gb, 8 core SBC. I ran FreeBSD on it in a QEMU session, LOL. Pretty slow. So, I ended up with the most de-bloated Linux I could build (Gentoo) - and for the time being I take solace in the fact that my WiFi goes through a FreeBSD proxy Pi box.