PF Is there a shortcut to express the global scope of an IPv6 address in pf.conf ?

Hello,

In my pf.conf, I use the parenthesis expression
Code:
(em0)
to express "the ip of interface em0".

I had a problem using this shortcut with IPv6, because then the expression `(em0)` randomly expands to either the global scope address of the interface (2001:xxxx:....), or the link local one (fe80:xxxx...).
Is there a way to say to pf: use the address of the em0 interface, but only the one that has a global scope?

Thanks.
Actually I had seen this option, but are you sure the address will never be a link local one? Do you have a source about this?

Thanks.
Actually I had seen this option, but are you sure the address will never be a link local one? Do you have a source about this?

The man page:

Code:
           :0            Do not include interface aliases.

Host names may also have the :0 option appended to restrict the name
           resolution to the first of each v4 and non-link-local v6 address
           found.

Note that this is a new-ish feature. It did get MFCd to stable/12, but I believe it's not in 12.0-RELEASE.

Huh. I was sure I'd MFC'd that, but now that I check you're correct, it's not in stable/12.
Thinking about it I'm pretty sure that's because it's potentially an incompatible change. I don't think many people use em0:0 for IPv6, but I still don't want to change behaviour inside the release branch.

It's not going to get merged back to stable/12. It'll be available in 13.0.

Back