Is there a equivalent to "fdisk -l" in Linux?

Is there a equivalent to "fdisk -l" in Linux?

I'm trying to get a output similar to "fdisk -l" in Linux, I've looked all over and I'm stuck. I just want to be able to see what flash drives or external HDD's are connected to my PC, partition info, stuff like that.

Thank you.

Right - just # fdisk for slices.

An alternative way to look at FreeBSD partitions is through # sysinstall. Go to Configure -> Label. (When finished, exit with 'Q'.)

For mounted filesystems, you can of course view them using % mount or % df -h

I think I got it, sorry for the late response, the in laws are here...

Seriously I think I understand it. I think the same commands different options, between fbsd and linux are really the biggest issue for me, but I certainly have been enjoying myself using this OS.

Ive got FBSD running on my Acer One pretty good.

anomie said:
An alternative way to look at FreeBSD partitions is through # sysinstall. Go to Configure -> Label. (When finished, exit with 'Q'.)

No, no, no. Don't use sysinstall for anything, after the actual OS install has completed.

If you want a TUI interface, then use sade(8), or install sfdisk from ports.

Well, I respect your opinion but I disagree. :) The sysinstall method I mentioned is pretty and easy to read.

anomie said:
Well, I respect your opinion but I disagree. :) The sysinstall method I mentioned is pretty and easy to read.

Have a look at sade, notice anything different? :e

Nope - it looks remarkably similar. And I appreciate the tip. :) But I also don't buy the "don't ever use sysinstall after installation" argument if it is convenient and you're careful.

But whatever. I have already argued over a trivial point enough in a thread that has already been satisfied.

Back