* is missing a required shared library: libruby24.so.24

Just updated ruby24, and pkg check --dependencies complains as above, but that lib is there.

I ran portmaster vim (as one of the packages complaining, for example), and now see:

vim is missing a required shared library: libruby24.so

which is also there. Something's up.

Do you happen to mix ports with packages? So: one time you use portmaster and the other you use # pkg install <stuff>?

What's the reason for building from ports in the first place? If you don't change any options and are simply using the default options and settings I would suggest switching everything to pre-build packages.

SirDice - I run from ports because (a) I'm an old-time user who has always run from ports, and (b) I occasionally have to fix issues, or try code changes, which is probably easier when using all-ports.

ShelLuser - I've never (knowingly!) mixes ports with packages. Not even sure how I'd find out if I had.

a) I would highly recommend switching to packages. In the old days packages were, ehm, crap. Which was the main reason why everybody built from ports. With the new package manager it has gotten so much better.

b) You might want to try ports-mgmt/synth in that case. That basically gives you the ease of management of packages while retaining the flexibility of ports.

delete lang/ruby24 and reinstall vim. During the build of the vim it will install it again as build dependencie.
Or you can manualy reinstall /usr/ports/lang/ruby24 again and then to rebuild vim.

Could it be it is this?
Code:
/usr/ports/lang/ruby24]$ make -V CONFIGURE_ARGS

--with-soname=ruby24

readelf -d /usr/local/lib/libruby24.so|grep SONAME:
no output

Back