jails iocage problem with jails processes

Hi !

I have recently convert my jail from ezjail to iocage

With the help of this script: https://dan.langille.org/2019/04/08/converting-thin-jails-to-thick-jails/

All work but sometimes if I stop a jail processes hangs even if jail is stopped. This process are not possible to kill so I need to reboot whole server. Is iocage really so buggy or I have an problem with a settings in iocage or is the convert process a issue?

I use iocage version 1.2 with FreeBSD 13.0 p10 with Shared IP networking. This with process hangs are not one occurrence it happen also on other jails. Last time it was a blocked file (ibdata1) so I cannot start the mysql server.

What could be the issue?

Thanks,

regards

Most likely not the reason/solution to the hanging process, but given the date of that blog entry, it was referring to the original iocage (the shell based one), which has been forked and renamed to iocell.

I'm still using iocell everywhere as it is much more observable and transparent due to it being only shellscripts, so such errors can be debugged much easier than with those useless dumps that python usually spews out. This was also the reason I've abandoned iocage very shortly after the python-rewrite, as it blew up on a regular basis leaving me more than once with broken jails/configs...

Regarding your problem: can you verify that those jails can be shut down when using the underlying/native jail tools/commands or with a shutdown from within the jail?
Are you using vnet? It should be quite stable by now, but it might be worth verifying with a non-vnet jail.

Thanks i already use Shared IP networking jails not vnet ! the jail is down but processes i see on host system and blocks files and thios proces i cannot kill -> i will look to iocell :cool:

Back