Invisible mouse pointer

After pkg upgrade this morning, a couple of my machines now have an invisible mouse cursor. Otherwise fully functional - if I move the mouse around, buttons will highlight when I blindly mouse over them, I can click on them and get a response.

Any ideas which pkg might be causing this?

There were no base updates, just packages.

Thanks,

JB

It could be your graphics driver's issue. Try adding "SWCursor" to a config file's "Device" section, e.g. /usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/90-cursor.conf:
Code:
Section "Device"
    Identifier "Device0"
    Option "SWCursor" "on"
EndSection

Thanks for this thread! I was doing a clean install on one of my practice pc's that had a Radeon HD 7700 Series graphics card. After installing xorg and "xf86-video-ati-19.0.1,1" I fired up TWM and I had no mouse cursor :(. I uninstalled ver 19 and installed "xf86-video-ati-legacy" driver and now when I "startx" I have a cursor! Now I can install xfce4 and continue to tweak my desktop environment. I really do appreciate the Forum Community here.

Thanks for your help aragats. My fresh Freebsd-12 virtualbox install also didn't have a cursor when I fired up startx. Also is it normal for the /usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ directory to be completely empty? Because mine was.

I experienced the same issue, which is how I discovered this thread while doing a Google search for a resolution.

In my case, I'm running FreeBSD 11.3-RELEASE (64-bit) with Xfce as a Guest on Virtualbox for Windows 10. If you're logged into your user account with Xfce, you'll notice the Virtualbox menu bar at the top (dropdown menu items: File, Machine, View, Input, Devices, Help). If you click on the INPUT dropdown and select "Mouse Integration", your mouse cursor should come back. It did for me. :)

Apparently, I must've accidentally toggled it and I experienced the same "invisible" mouse pointer issue.

Hope this helps someone out! :)

Regards,

--Cf
Carltonfsck

Back