Other Internet issue for Windows 7 netbooting via FreeBSD

Hello,

I'm working on a little project booting Windows 7 over the network via freebsdFreeBSD. I used this walk through to start and I've had success.

http://caia.swin.edu.au/reports/130226A/CAIA-TR-130226A.pdf

My issue is: I can't get internet to work over Ethernet.

My setup is freebsdFreeBSD (DHCP Server42 with istgt) connected to my router and a diskless PC connected to my router via Ethernet. After I boot into windows over the network it receives an IP but I can't connect to the internet.

I can connect to the router and change settings but I can't connect to the internet. I was able to connect to Google via IPv6 but Yahoo and everything else doesn't provide that type of connection.

I can connect my other PC (laptop) to the router and I receive an IP from freebsdFreeBSD server and can connect to the internet.

I must be missing something here. Any thoughts?

Do I need to install Apache HTTP onto freebsdFreeBSD? Or would that even help at all?

Welcome to the forums, Eli. You say you can access the Internet using IPv6, from your Windows 7 machine, and also that you can connect to the Internet via IPv4 from another machine, so routing doesn't seem to be your issue. I had a quick look at the PDF you linked to and saw that it doesn't mention including DNS servers in the information offered to DHCP clients. Are you able to resolve hostnames to IP addresses from the Windows 7 machine? If not, the option domain-name-servers might be what you're missing in /usr/local/etc/dhcpd.conf.

Back