Internet Identity: Dedicated to Fighting the Crime of Phishing

Just now I was sitting watching the output of tcpdump on one of my servers and lo and behold what flashed up:
Code:
11:00:32.465638 IP 66.113.102.253.46924 > x.x.x.x.80: Flags [S]
11:00:32.465666 IP x.x.x.x.80 > 66.113.102.253.46924: Flags [R.]
A quick host on 66.113.102.253 shows it to be: firewall.internetidentity.com

From their website:
What makes us different? Internet Identity consistently delivers the fastest takedowns of phishing sites -- for two reasons. Our systems and processes are designed specifically to find and takedown phishing sites, and our personnel are 100% dedicated to fighting phishing. No other company has such a laser focus on fighting phishing.

hrmm .. really? No other company has figured out how to scan the internet for something on port 80? Amazing ..

I sent them a nice little [R] packet back.

:p

A company fighting phishing sites... I wonder how they derive revenue from it? I guess their site explains it, I'm just intrigued that other companies pay for such a service. :)

Actually, I hope their employees dedicate at least a minimal percent of their time & attention to wearing clothing, rather than fighting phishing. Actually, it's none of my bunsiness[sic] what a bunch of weirdos in Tacoma do at their offices, but I do wish they wouldn't be quite so focussed. Yuck.

The stock photography of corporate people makes me want to drink.

Although phishing really exists, I think it's potential danger is rather used to push the internet to a total government-controlled medium. It's a nice extension to the "war on terrorism".
These guys just try to make money out of it. I wonder if they can prove that their solutions are really worth paying.

Back