Solved Intel NUC10 : Hardware support ?

SirDice

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

CPU is supported. GPU may not, I'm not sure. A number of Intel integrated GPUs are now supported but the very latest incarnations may not have been ported yet.

Have a look here: https://wiki.freebsd.org/Graphics

OP
Leo L.

Leo L.

Hi SirDice, hi shkhln,

Thanks for your replies.
Regards,

--
Léo.

patpro

Hello,
I'm also thinking about getting a NUC10 (i3) for FreeBSD, but I'm worried about the Ethernet chipset.

Have you bought your NUC10 Léo? Can you share your experience?

thanks

aponomarenko

Looks like the only supported devices in this model are Ethernet card and Graphics card. We have a review for the similar NUC10i5FNH in the database: https://bsd-hardware.info/?probe=91d55ae5ff

Support for Comet Lake storage, sound and wifi is questionable.

However, I see one probe of Comet Lake in the database on the 13-CURRENT: https://bsd-hardware.info/?probe=9983a81086 (devices are different, but chipset itself is supported).

anbj

I just bought a NUC10i7FNK. Ethernet card is found and works, but Wifi is not. Had to compile ``drm-current-kmod`` to get graphics going. Tested on FreeBSD 13.0-CURRENT.

ScopeDog

I just bought a NUC10i7FNK. Ethernet card is found and works, but Wifi is not. Had to compile ``drm-current-kmod`` to get graphics going. Tested on FreeBSD 13.0-CURRENT.
Did the graphic and Xorg work with it? I'm currently trying to make Xorg work on my NUC10i7FNH with 12.2-RELEASE.
WiFi (FreeBSD says AC9462) doesn't work but I have just extended an Ethernet cable from my other room...
Thanks.

anbj

Did the graphic and Xorg work with it? I'm currently trying to make Xorg work on my NUC10i7FNH with 12.2-RELEASE.
WiFi (FreeBSD says AC9462) doesn't work but I have just extended an Ethernet cable from my other room...
Thanks.
Yes, graphics and Xorg works just fine with (self compiled) drm-current-kmod. Just remember, I have to run FreeBSD 13.0-CURRENT. I tested with 12.2-RELEASE, but that did not work; I was not able to compile drm-current-kmod on 12.2 (different kernel source?). No surprise, I guess, if you check out currently supported hardware. I like to test anyway.

Still, the only problem is WiFi. I have to do as you; ethernet cable from the basement..

It's barely 2 months since i touched FreeBSD for the first time ever, so I'm a bit unsure about how things are related to one another.

ScopeDog

Yes, graphics and Xorg works just fine with (self compiled) drm-current-kmod. Just remember, I have to run FreeBSD 13.0-CURRENT. I tested with 12.2-RELEASE, but that did not work; I was not able to compile drm-current-kmod on 12.2 (different kernel source?). No surprise, I guess, if you check out currently supported hardware. I like to test anyway.

Still, the only problem is WiFi. I have to do as you; ethernet cable from the basement..

It's barely 2 months since i touched FreeBSD for the first time ever, so I'm a bit unsure about how things are related to one another.
Thanks. I installed 13-CURRENT yesterday and Xorg seems OK. However, mine fails to resume after sleep, which is a little annoying as a desktop.