intel gpus for net and openbsd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi i literally cannot find info on this anywhere and neither bsd's have forums, so i will ask in off topic here

do openbsd or netbsd have actual support for integrated intel gpus? older ones, mainly
with acceleration and stuff

NetBSD added DRM/KMS support for Intel and Radeon devices in 7.0. Check dmesg|grep -i drm

thank you i cannot seem to get freebsd into a desktop configuration that is not slow on my old netbook so ia m gonna try one of these

thank you i cannot seem to get freebsd into a desktop configuration that is not slow on my old netbook so ia m gonna try one of these

If it's it a matter of running low in resources I'd look to the DE/WM I was using first.

I have a Sony Vaio with an Intel Dual Core T2060 @1.6GHz and 2GB RAM running FreeBSD and an IBM Thinkpad T43 with an Intel Pentium M @2.0GHz and 2GB RAM running OpenBSD.

I use x11-wm/fluxbox on both. The Sony takes forever compiling ports compared to the others but well-suited for things like file transfer or surfing the net. I use pkg on OpenBSD and it's a pleasure to type on. So light duty for each and while they're slower at tasks than my others machines are well within acceptable performance limits for what I use them for IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back