Intel D510MO Dual-Core Atom Motherboard

FYI, rnoland just committed two patches (r206164,r206166) to 8-STABLE, adding agp and drm support for Pineview chips.

So I guess the only remaining issue is whether oliverh is right about also needing an update to the Xorg driver for intel.
Added 9 Apr 2010: seems to be the case. I haven't been able to get Xorg to work with the existing intel driver rather than vesa.

Sorry to drag up a deadish thread but I was wondering if there was any further progress. I've just bought one of these boards and was hoping to use it as a web surfing rig mostly.

Thanks,

Mark

As far as I know, the intel video driver still doesn't work with this board.

The vesa driver works, but as you can see above, some people considered it crippled. It works fine for my purposes, however, which include web surfing. (I use the musca window manager and the midori web browser.) I don't care about Flash, and don't have anything installed to support it, so I can't say whether that's going to work or not.

Until FreeBSD's port of Xorg and the intel driver are updated to support the graphics controller built into this Atom, you're probably not going to be able to use Compiz or any other 3D graphics stuff. Even then it might not work very well, since this is such a low-end device. For me that's a "don't care", but for some people it's a showstopper.

Ahh well VESA should work well enough for my purposes... course I may need some flash and i'd probably try to stay with KDE since that's what i'm used to too.

Thanks for your feedback, i'll let you know how I make out with it

Mark

Old thread I know, but just for information the 8.1-RC2-amd64 memstick image won't boot on the Intel D510MO board. As soon as the loader attempts to execute the kernel, the machine resets.

8.0-RELEASE-amd64 memstick was fine though.

Once 8.1-RELEASE is out, I'll upgrade to that and see if that kernel boots and report back.

jem said:
Old thread I know, but just for information the 8.1-RC2-amd64 memstick image won't boot on the D510. As soon as the loader attempts to execute the kernel, the machine resets.

Not sure which board you're using but on my Supermicro X7SPA-H (which has a D510), 8.1-RC2-amd64 memstick booted and installed with no trouble.

Some interesting news today.

Reason to hope that we'll finally get an Intel video driver that supports the Pineview motherboards?

The 8.1-RELEASE-amd64-memstick image boots fine with the D510MO board. I reinstalled to 8.1-RELEASE today.

jem said:
The 8.1-RELEASE-amd64-memstick image boots fine with the D510MO board. I reinstalled to 8.1-RELEASE today.

It mainly depends on the bios. So update it, the original version has lots of bugs, Intel delivers almost monthly updates.

Back