Intel Corporation Wi-Fi 6 AX200 is supported

Thank's to the developpers.
Thanks should also go directly to the FreeBSD foundation who financially supported this / made this possible.

However, unless I very much missed something in the commit history, WiFi 6 is currently not not implemented. Your card is most likely running in 802.11a/b/g mode. Check with ifconfig.

I myself am using an Intel AX201 since November 2021 and it works fairly well with iwlwifi.

Could you please share the device ID? pciconf -lv | grep -B3 network

Not the OP, but I also have an AX200:
Code:
iwlwifi0@pci0:3:0:0:    class=0x028000 rev=0x1a hdr=0x00 vendor=0x8086 device=0x2723 subvendor=0x8086 subdevice=0x0084
    vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
    device     = 'Wi-Fi 6 AX200'
    class      = network

Does it run well? Do you have a link to your card? Thanks.

It doesn't work for me. The 13.1-RELEASE installer detected the card, but was unable to setup DHCP. Lots of errors like this:
Code:
iwlwifi0: Scan failed! ret -5
iwlwifi0: ERROR: lkpi_ic_scan_start: hw_scan returned -5

Might be related (same driver but different card): PR 261075

Sorry for the long time before answer. This card can connect to 5MHz access points. I am using channel 165 (5825 MHz 11a) in my local wireless network and it work. The card cannot serve as a 5MHz access point like many others who can be only 2.4/5MHz clients or 2.4MHz access point. All 5MHz channels are disabled. So far only the Realtek wifi cards usb/pcie have 5MHz channels open for serve as a 5MHz access point from the ones I have (Intel, Atheros, Realtek).

Code:
# pciconf -lv | grep -B3 network
em0@pci0:0:25:0:    class=0x020000 rev=0x04 hdr=0x00 vendor=0x8086 device=0x1502 subvendor=0x1028 subdevice=0x052c
    device     = '82579LM Gigabit Network Connection (Lewisville)'
    class      = network
--
iwlwifi0@pci0:3:0:0:    class=0x028000 rev=0x1a hdr=0x00 vendor=0x8086 device=0x2723 subvendor=0x8086 subdevice=0x0084
    device     = 'Wi-Fi 6 AX200'
    class      = network

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks should also go directly to the FreeBSD foundation who financially supported this / made this possible.

However, unless I very much missed something in the commit history, WiFi 6 is currently not not implemented. Your card is most likely running in 802.11a/b/g mode. Check with ifconfig.

I myself am using an Intel AX201 since November 2021 and it works fairly well with iwlwifi.
hi. jbo. i have intel ax201 160mhz. now in freebsd14 , it's not work. can you help me to configure wifi ? thanks. i am newguy . what command i need to do ?

I can confirm this as well ... in 14 the kernel will panic 80% of the time when booting up a system with this module, it works *ok* when it actually does successfully boot. I've instead resorted to using wifibox which has worked fine ever since.

I did install latest (7 march ) snapshot and it works. Bsdconfig still has some issues but in general it works with a config above. Thanks.

I will try again some time soon and confirm, that config looks pretty much identical to the config I was using during the kernel panics.

Thanks

Just a reminder, it only gets G-speeds, not AX-speeds. Well, max theoretical G-speed is 54 MBit/sec, in practice even recent AX-cards get less than that. The bottlenecks are:
  1. FreeBSD not supporting stuff above G-speeds (check your ifconfig ouput on a working card).
  2. Nearest wifi hotspot (that you're connected to) throttling your connection speeds.
  3. The rest of the Internet that you can reach once connected to the hotspot.
What really helps is that OP's wifi card is Intel-branded, FreeBSD has a working driver for THAT.

bsdconfig wireless works iffy for me, but it's the only game in town. 😩

Just a reminder, it only gets G-speeds, not AX-speeds. Well, max theoretical G-speed is 54 MBit/sec, in practice even recent AX-cards get less than that. The bottlenecks are:
  1. FreeBSD not supporting stuff above G-speeds (check your ifconfig ouput on a working card).
  2. Nearest wifi hotspot (that you're connected to) throttling your connection speeds.
  3. The rest of the Internet that you can reach once connected to the hotspot.
What really helps is that OP's wifi card is Intel-branded, FreeBSD has a working driver for THAT.

bsdconfig wireless works iffy for me, but it's the only game in town. 😩
Dear astyle :
i think freebsd14 don't have original 802.11ax driver for wifi. but the will come in future . for continue working. i have used 802.11g speed. thanks. :)

Dear astyle :
i think freebsd14 don't have original 802.11ax driver for wifi. but the will come in future . for continue working. i have used 802.11g speed. thanks. :)
Recently, like in the last few months, I've seen info that FreeBSD is working to get its network stack to support N speeds. That much is concrete info. AX speeds - that will come after successful implementation of support for N speeds, but that's just my reading of tea leaves.

Back