Intel Arc GPU support?

Check what the Linux DRM driver supports. Because it's this driver that's being ported to FreeBSD as graphics/drm-kmod. For now only -CURRENT has support for DRM version 5.15. And I'm not sure if DRM 5.15 has support for the Intel ARC video cards.

As far as I understood the process, they're porting the driver incrementally. It's going to take a lot of time before they'll get to 6.2.

As far as I understood the process, they're porting the driver incrementally. It's going to take a lot of time before they'll get to 6.2.
I'm now on Debian GNU/Linux 12, which has Linux 6.1 and Intel Arc works.

I'm now on Debian GNU/Linux 12, which has Linux 6.1 and Intel Arc works.
Linux 6.0 is the minimum requirement for the new Arc desktop GPU components. But for perfect stability, kernel 6.2 is actually recommended for Arc GPUs.
So you can switch to a distro like Clear Linux, Nobara project, openSUSE Tumbleweed, Artix Linux, Void Linux, NixOS (with the unstable channels).
The 6.2 driver should be more reliable and maybe also have higher performance.

It's good to hear that it works for you on kernel 6.1, because that's the next LTS version (and FreeBSD will use 6.1).
But actually you need kernel 6.2 for the Arc GPUs to have proper support.
Since most Linux systems don't have proper support for the Arc GPUs yet, it makes sense that OpenBSD and FreeBSD aren't supported (at the moment).

Back