Installing Xorg on FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE

Are the instructions for installing Xorg on FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE as per The Handbook or are there some changes in the pipeline?

I had X running on 10.0 but decided to do a fresh install to get rid of any junk I had accumulated.

Now when I run Xorg -configure I get
Code:
(II) [KMS] No DRICreatePCIBusID symbol, no kernel modesetting.
Segmentation fault at address 0x0

Fatal server error:
Caught signal 11 (Segmentation fault). Server aborting

Which video card is being used? Haven't we mentioned in the last few days that it is better to avoid running that configure step?

X will autoconfigure when there is no configuration file. Always try that first. The Handbook mentions that but does not show it.

Here is the way to use X autoconfiguration:

1. Remove or rename all copies of xorg.conf. These are typically in /etc/xorg.conf or /usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.
2. startx

If that does not work, then it is time to generate a configuration file with Xorg -configure.

Which video card is being used? Haven't we mentioned in the last few days that it is better to avoid running that configure step?

As I asked in my first post, are there pending changes to The Handbook regarding configuring Xorg? There is nothing about avoiding the configure step.

I started editing it last night. However, it's a big section, and needs a lot of changes, so no promises on when it will go in.

Back