installing wine on FreebSD 7.2 amd64

I want to install wine on my Freebsd 7.2-release amd64.

Code:
cd /usr/ports/emulators/wine

Code:
make install clean

===> wine-1.1.18,1 is only for i386, while you are running amd64.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/emulators/wine.

Is there any way I can install wine on my platform?

Thanks

Hi. I was thinking of another way, like downloading source and try to compile it. I want wine because I want to install SQLyog GUI tool to manage my database which I need for my work.

If my compilation didn't succeed, i guess i have to setup phpmyadmin. I dont want to reinstall since I have downloaded and setup my system for quite a lot of hours.

Thanks again

There are some works to get WINE into 64bit, but currently only i386 works, if you want to use WINE, you need to move to i386.

Backup your configs and list of packages (pkg_info -q -o -a), like that this will be little little less PITA.

There's a group of people in the German community who regularly tries to get wine running under amd64.

We've been getting closer, a lot of bugs preventing this have been fixed. I've solved a lot of the mysteries of getting i386 jails running. Yamagi's been keeping in touch with the right people to get bugs in the elf loader fixed and there's been a lot of progress. But we are not there yet. In a strict i386 jail you can already get as far as building wine.

I've also come this far with a script that sets a lot of environment variables to install a parallel tree i386 into /usr/local32 and hence does not require a jail.

If we succeed this will certainly announced in this forum by us, including a proper howto, to get things set up.

Followed the Wiki entry but couldn't get the 3D Acceleration (Nvidia) to work. I've installed the same Driver Version of Nvidia drivers, the only difference it is i386.

Glxgears, doom with OpenGL working pretty fine, but no luck with wine so far.

Wine output starting Lineage2 (worked without a problem on the same machine using i386 FreeBSD):
Code:
err:winediag:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo Direct rendering is disabled, most likely your OpenGL drivers haven't been installed correctly
err:d3d_caps:WineD3D_CreateFakeGLContext Can't find a suitable iPixelFormat.
err:d3d:InitAdapters Failed to get a gl context for default adapter
err:d3d_caps:WineD3D_CreateFakeGLContext Can't find a suitable iPixelFormat.
err:d3d:InitAdapters Failed to get a gl context for default adapter
err:d3d:WineDirect3DCreate Direct3D9 is not available without opengl

Is there anything I might have forgotten?
Thanks

Did you chroot into /compat/i386 and export i386 as your machine arch (like in the guide) before installing NVidia i386 driver?

Yes I did it according to the Wiki.
make installing the Nvidia x86 driver fails at loading the kernel module, obviously because I got the 64bit module loaded.

Code:
===> doc (install)
ERROR: Failed to unload the NVIDIA module!
ERROR: Is nvidia.ko in use?
*** Error code 1

Stop in /root/NVIDIA-FreeBSD-x86-195.22.

tobii said:
Yes I did it according to the Wiki.
make installing the Nvidia x86 driver fails at loading the kernel module, obviously because I got the 64bit module loaded.

Code:
===> doc (install)
ERROR: Failed to unload the NVIDIA module!
ERROR: Is nvidia.ko in use?
*** Error code 1

Stop in /root/NVIDIA-FreeBSD-x86-195.22.

Open Makefile in NVIDIA driver dir. Edit "SUBDIR=" remove everything just leave "lib" and "x11". Then it should install the ogl libs correctly.

Hm no Idea what this really caused, but I've installed the newest Nvidia driver via ports and it works now.
Thanks everyone for helping.

jemate18 said:
I want to install wine on my Freebsd 7.2-release amd64.

Code:
cd /usr/ports/emulators/wine

Code:
make install clean

Is there any way I can install wine on my platform?

Thanks

Following this http://wiki.freebsd.org/Wine link i was able to get to building wine-1.1.18.
Instead of mount i
Code:
copy /usr/ports /compat/i386/usr/ports
it works fine. Dont forget (like i did) to copy your
Code:
/etc/resolv.conf to /compat/i386/etc
then
Code:
chroot /compat/i386
and
Code:
cd /usr/ports/emulators/wine && make install clean
it was quite a build for me >40mins

my system is
2.10 GHz AMD Turion X2 Ultra ZM-80 Dual-Core Mobile Processor
ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics RS780M
15.4" WXGA High-Definition BrightView Widescreen (1280 x 800)
Dual boot Windows 7 Ultimate X FreeBSD 7.2 Release

good luck :)

Back