Solved installing packages in FreeBSD 10.2

Hi,

I am tring to install pkg install php70-ftp but getting the following error
Code:
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
FreeBSD repository is up-to-date.
All repositories are up-to-date.
Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)
The following 1 package(s) will be affected (of 0 checked):

New packages to be INSTALLED:
        php70-ftp: 7.0.15

Number of packages to be installed: 1

Proceed with this action? [y/N]: y
[domain.co.uk] [1/1] Installing php70-ftp-7.0.15...
[domain.co.uk] [1/1] Extracting php70-ftp-7.0.15:   0%/usr/local/lib/libpkg.so.3: Undefined symbol "utimensat"
I know this is because I am still running FreeBSD 10.2-RELEASE-p24 and it has reach end of life...

Coud anyone please sugest how I could get this php module installed?
I looked at port but couldn't find it

Thank you

getopt , sorry I don't understand..
I know that "utimensat" was introduced on FreeBSD 10.3 and new packages are all compile for it.
Just wondering how I can still install package untill i can upgrade.

Since posting I found out I could use port and do make config on /lang/php70-extensions

Think about what you are demanding. Utimensat is part of libc which is part of FreeBSD base.
To be clear: How could it be possible to run a library that first appeared on 10.3 on a 10.2 system?

folks. no need to upgrade the entire OS just because packages in the [FONT=Courier New]latest[/FONT] branch are built for 10.3 and 10.2 is EOL. just use the proper packages repo and re-install pkgng.

reinstalling pkgng from the proper package repo fixes this:

# freebsd-version
10.2-RELEASE-p10

# cat /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD.conf
FreeBSD: {
url: "pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/${ABI}/release_2",
enabled: yes
}

http://glasz.org/sheeplog/2017/02/freebsd-usrlocalliblibpkgso3-undefined-symbol-utimensat.html

bfreek, we don't support EOL versions of FreeBSD here. You can say (as the blog post you linked to does) that it's "unfeasible to do an entire OS upgrade just to be able to install a package," but the EOL date for 10.2 was announced over a year ago. You're only enabling people who spent a year not taking proper measures to put proper measures off longer.

i think the message is not to have continued support for 10.2.
the message also is not to not upgrade your systems.

the message is that there's an actual solution to the issue at hand and that the default "latest"-repo url layed out in all the how to's out there is somewhat misleading because, as happened here, the abi really changed between release versions and users got hit by their misconfigured repo url's.

there's a reason there are package repo's for the point releases.

You're only enabling people who spent a year not taking proper measures to put proper measures off longer.
Hi,

I haven't been able to do the upgrade as in reallity, when I upgrade the system it will be directly to FreeBSD11 and not 10.3

The major issue that I have is that I used iocage and I now have about 21 jails..
Iocage is stopped support so upgrading the OS to latest version with unknown consequences as to what will go wrong is not feasable on a production server.

I have started provisioning a new server on FreeBSD 11 and CBSD and planning to move all the data accross asap but in the mean time, I still need operate and add application such as php extension etc..

bfreek tmp solution work well for me for now.. But YES, Running production server on EOF OS is not a good position to be in

Back