Install problem (Linux user)

Hi,
I am new to this forum so i am sorry if this is the wrong place to post.

I am a linux user and i am trying to jump to BSD... Although i have some problems while installing freeBSD 7.2.

I cannot configure properly my network. I have a typical home ethernet - wireless router. Also me network card is a PCI one ( Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88E8071 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 16)
) and my wireless card ( Intel Corporation Wireless WiFi Link 5100
) .

Could you please guide me on how to fill the network form (server name , mask etc) in the installation mode ?

thnx in advance

millw0rm said:
I cannot configure properly my network. I have a typical home ethernet - wireless router. Also me network card is a PCI one ( Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88E8071 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 16)
) and my wireless card ( Intel Corporation Wireless WiFi Link 5100
) .

First read through http://www.freebsd.org/relnotes/7-STABLE/hardware/article.html to check if your hardware (in this case the network card) is supported by the FreeBSD release you've installed (I'm assuming 7.2 as you didn't provide the information).

Could you please guide me on how to fill the network form (server name , mask etc) in the installation mode ?

Did you read the FreeBSD Handbook? Namely 2.10.1 Network Device Configuration and 11.8 Setting Up Network Interface Cards

Back