Install Broadcom BCM4352 driver WITHOUT internet

Hi,

I have an absolute unit of a PC on my desk at home and am unable to connect to the wifi (because of the lack of the driver)

I am unable to use ethernet or a mobile hotspot. I am willing to use a VM to fetch the driver.

Can anyone help me please? Thanks

Is the card detected? It doesn't need the firmware for that.

No devices are shown after running both commands,
Then the device is not supported. Loading the firmware isn't going to help with that. What version of FreeBSD did you try? You could try the new 13.0-RC2, maybe it's already been added.

I was on 12.2. I've given up as apparantly FreeBSD doesn't support 802.11ac, which my network card uses.

I use FreeBSD on my laptop now;

I've given up as apparantly FreeBSD doesn't support 802.11ac, which my network card uses.

Even though FreeBSD does not currently support 802.11ac, it does not mean that the card is completely useless. 802.11a/g etc.. is still available. Unless your card only supports ac.

Hi,

I have an absolute unit of a PC on my desk at home and am unable to connect to the wifi (because of the lack of the driver)

I am unable to use ethernet or a mobile hotspot. I am willing to use a VM to fetch the driver.

Can anyone help me please? Thanks

How about using smart cell phone via usb tethering?

What data limits?
Mobile phone providers typically have metered internet bandwidth. So you're stuck with a datalimit. Which you will exceed quite quickly if you try to install FreeBSD or a bunch of packages over it.

Mobile phone providers typically have metered internet bandwidth. So you're stuck with a datalimit. Which you will exceed quite quickly if you try to install FreeBSD or a bunch of packages over it.

It is possible to use wifi and mobile data via USB tethering. I thought that he had a problem in the wifi variant.

It is possible to use wifi and mobile data via USB tethering.
Ordinary wifi can only be shared with Android or a jailbroken iPhone with TetherMe, which is not free. I have an iPhone and I can't pay for TetherMe so that's unfortunately not an option

Back