UFS Increasing partition size

• Thread starter Deleted member 67029
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
SirDice your talk too much.

I am going to bed. I fixed the other problem, tomorrow I will fix this problem.

Lol I have fend off Linux for now. I am very happy! :) Night all

Phishfry. What have I done to be apart of this problem? I haven't even used the system yet. You are beyond delusional.
Simple, you've demonstrated an absurd amount of self entitlement and pure arrogance. At one point you claim that you're still learning, only to start in other threads about how "the handbook is wrong", "how the documentation is at fault", "how things are broken" and you don't shy away from constantly talking down on the FreeBSD project as a whole.

And of course constantly berating others who are only trying to help you. And waving your delusional ideas around that quantity in users would somehow reflect the overal quality of the system.

That is the problem here. I'll be perfectly honest here by sharing my opinion about your posts today. From my point of view you're either a massive troll, an arrogant self entitled suit or... just a dumb kid. That's not meant as an insult, it's merely an observation and you can do with that as you deem fit. I'm just saying, I won't waste my time discussing this any further.

Example... when I go into a server room and see most people turning on the servers by flipping a switch that's not on the computer case itself I'm not going to go Karen on them by telling them how they're all doing it wrong because "obviously" the on/off switch is located on the case of the PC. No, instead I'll ask them why they're doing what they do and only after I learned about the whole thing will I form an opinion about things. Not at first glance. Yet that's exactly what you've been doing so far. Assuming you know it all and that you know best.

Yah, display that attitude on public fora too often and you'll run into situations like these. I'm >< close to put you on my ignore list and forget all about you. Easy. Now imagine more people doing this.. who are you going to turn to for help then, hmm?

SirDice I apologize for this small offtopic post, will not proceed beyond this.

Ok, I went over the topic of every section. None of them are related to telling me what a GEOM us. I am still lost.
Here is the first line from "man gpart":
The gpart utility is used to partition GEOM providers, normally disks.
So normally, a disk is a geom provider. Then, when the documentation asks for a "geom", it seems that in the shell command, you would enter something that identifies a disk. For example the device name of the disk. Did you actually read the manual page?

Yesterday, at rehearsal (I play music in ensembles), I saw a cool T-shirt, worn by someone who is a teacher in his professional life: "I can explain things to you, but I can't understand them for you". If you want to use FreeBSD, you need to learn to read and understand the documentation. And you need to learn that insulting the people whom you are asking for help is unlikely to be productive.

Thanks ralphbsz.

There is too much messing around reading dozens of pages with obscure references to try and do something which I am use to being so straight forward so I ended up deleting the virtual machine and will start over with a 25 GB HDD this time. This will be enough for my needs.

It would be good if FreeBSD would create a dictionary for all of it's terms.

So basically, a GEOM is a silly way of saying a file system, like /dev/sda or 'C:'. lol. I had a feeling that's what it meant. :)

Yesterday Kolusion stated in another thread that FreeBSD is not ready and shouldn't have been released due to one bit of information he considers wrong in the hand book.

Do you really expect somebody with that type of behavior to actually ever contribute to the community? I don't. Instead I expect him to get deleted soon, because when looking at all his posts its getting more and more obvious that he's either just a troll, or has a big amount of social interaction problems. Which of one is true doesn't matter, the result will be the same due to his unfriendly behavior - he'll be gone.

So basically, a GEOM is a silly way of saying a file system,
No. A filesystem is something else entirely.
like /dev/sda or 'C:'. lol
Those are disks, not filesystems. You typically put a filesystem on a disk (or partition) yes, but those are two different concepts. A single disk can have multiple partitions with different filesystems for example.

Alain De Vos

If I thought my efforts would be utilised I would create one, but my quality standards and that of the forum seems to be different.

I have contributed to open source projects such as GNU. Two nights ago I re-educated the Debian team of a fatal bug in their installer that has been around for 10 years. They had big mouths insisting my bug was wrong and I was the problem, then when they actually checked it out they shut their mouths fast. Debian is a lost cause however, I just needed to prove a point.

I hope you left the house today and went for a 1 hour walk.

SirDice

I knew that. I knew someone like you would promptly come to correct me.

Thanks

hardworkingnewbie

Why are you talking to me? Are you a moderator? I see you have 30 messages in total. Only you are bumping my thread.

Stuff like that on page one of the thread - that's bumping. Or do you really want to make us believe that you are intelligent enough to install FreeBSD, get it up and running but too dumb to answer three people in one post only? Furthermore when you can even edit your own posts here for ages? I don't think so.

uWxfQRf.png

This forum software uses XenForo. A horribly coded application molested by non-compliant JavaScript code. A feature is that it lets you know when someone has posted a message and to see it, while you are in the middle of writing a message. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, I was expecting to to work, but then after I post, I see there were new posts which failed to show up, hence the barrage of messaged.

You seem to be furiously finding dirt on me. You are a hard working dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back