Other i3 freezes after one successful keyboard stroke (eg dmenu launched)

Hello all,

I've been using dwm on freebsd for about 10 years, and after a few odd problems I discovered i3 and switched to it. Unfortunately, after a few months of fine transition, I'm having problems with i3 that seem to me very similar with the ones whith dwm.

A few weeks ago, after a pkg update (using quarterly),

1 -- rxvt-unicode wouldn't start anymore at i3's startup; sometimes, no keybord shortcut would succeed to launch any application from that point, sometimes one could work (dmenu_run for instance), then nothing started from dmenu (eg urxvt, or claws-mail...),

2 -- now that I have removed urxvt from $HOME/.xinitrc, I have one successful shortcut (eg dmenu_run or another terminal), and any i3 internal chortcut fails (eg workspace $ws2 or exit i3)

3 -- when I quit by killing i3, the only relevant error message that I can see is (if I had tried unsuccessfully to start urxvt):
Code:
waiting for X server to shut down urxvt: X connection to ':0' broken, unable to

recover, exiting.

Hereis my genuine $HOME/.xinitrc
Code:
#!/bin/sh
setxkbmap fr latin9
xrdb -merge .Xdefaults
xset +fp $HOME/.fonts
test -x /usr/local/bin/numlockx && /usr/local/bin/numlockx on
#xscreensver-command -exit
#xscreensaver -no-splash &
feh --bg-scale /usr/home/phil/meta/Nackround/714894nb.png
urxvt -pe tabbed &
#exec dwm
###while true; do
#    xsetroot -name "`date '+%A %d %B %Y %H:%M'`"
   ## xsetroot -name "`date '+%A %d/%m/%Y %T'`"
    ##sleep 1
##done &
exec i3

Here's my /etc/rc.conf:
Code:
clear_tmp_enable="YES"
sendmail_enable="NONE"
hostname="humble-abode"
keymap="fr.acc.kbd"
ifconfig_re0="DHCP"
ifconfig_re0_ipv6="inet6 accept_rtadv"
sshd_enable="YES"
moused_enable="YES"
ntpdate_enable="YES"
cupsd_enable="YES"
linux_enable="YES"
devfs_system_ruleset="localrules"
volmand_enable="YES"
#autofs_enable="YES"
dbus_enable="YES"
hal_enable="YES"
# Set dumpdev to "AUTO" to enable crash dumps, "NO" to disable
dumpdev="AUTO"

I wonder if it could have something to do whith dbus...?

[I started usinf FreeBSD with 7.2 a few years ago, and soon started to use dwm (though I'm not a techie at all, I only find dwm so efficient, simple, fast, beautiful and fun). I was glad to come across i3 as a fine replacement, and am not so happy to have to resort to xfce4, which is.... fine imho.
Al though this is my first post, these forums, along with the handbook, guided me through Freebsd. I own them very much. Cheers!]

Thank you for your help

Sorry folks, much ado about (almost) nothing: i3 works fine again since the last pkg update, not any trouble so far.
Regards,

Phil

Back