I want rsync only download new files and keep old files

I install Arch i686 in home and in home I do not have internet connection , so at work I use FreeBSD 8.1 AMD64 and I download all packages I need with this command

Code:
rsync -avrt --bwlimit=58 rsync://mirror.datacenter.by/arch//extra/os/any/ /home/ddd/i686/

and move them to home and then copy them to

Code:
/var/cache/pacman/arch

and install packages with pacman
after two days , I run this command

Code:
rsync -avrt --bwlimit=58 rsync://mirror.datacenter.by/arch//extra/os/any/ /home/ddd/i686/

and I see rsync get last packages again and use many Bandwidth
how I tell rsync only download new files and keep old files

mfaridi said:
Code:

and I see rsync get last packages again and use many Bandwidth
how I tell rsync only download new files and keep old files

Are you sure that it is actually downloading all the files, or is it only processing them?
Try adding the
Code:
--progress
switch to the command to see in more detail

mix_room said:
Are you sure that it is actually downloading all the files, or is it only processing them?
Try adding the
Code:
--progress
switch to the command to see in more detail

rsync download again and I see it use more bandwidth

mfaridi said:
I install Arch i686 in home and in home I do not have internet connection , so at work I use FreeBSD 8.1 AMD64 and I download all packages I need with this command

Code:

and move them to home and then copy them to

Don't move the files. Copy them.

If you remove the files from /home/ddd/i686/, then the next time rsync runs it has nothing to compare to, and will download everything again. rsync needs the old files to be in place, in order to know what's new/different.

phoenix said:
Don't move the files. Copy them.

If you remove the files from /home/ddd/i686/, then the next time rsync runs it has nothing to compare to, and will download everything again. rsync needs the old files to be in place, in order to know what's new/different.

I just copy it , and do not move them
I use these option too
Code:
-c -u --progress
but it happen again , I use this method for make localrepo for Fedora and OpenSuse and I do not have this problem
can this happen , because of packages in Arch mirror modify and put mirror again , with new time and date ?

Back