I found a BSD-like Linux

• Thread starter Deleted member 63539
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 63539

It even has a handbook modeled upon FreeBSD's handbook:

and a Ports system, too:

My experience with it is, it's too minimalist. Even if FreeBSD requires me that much labor to install it, I will just back to Debian (SparkyLinux). And the way the packages tools was named it reminds me of the SVR4 package system more than of FreeBSD (pkgadd, pkgrm,...). So overall, I found it to be a mix of pre-modern FreeBSD (before pkgng was born) and old Solaris (Solaris before Solaris 10).

p/s: Now I think I love the FreeBSD installer.

Update: I only have experience with FreeBSD and it derivatives, but after a quick look at OpenBSD I found this Linux to look like it more than FreeBSD.

That's the beauty of free open source software. Use whatever operating system you like. Live and let live. However, this is a FreeBSD forum so perhaps discussing other types of off-topic items may be more appropriate?! I'm okay with a discussion of other operating systems.

That's the beauty of free open source software. Use whatever operating system you like. Live and let live. However, this is a FreeBSD forum so perhaps discussing other types of off-topic items may be more appropriate?! I'm okay with a discussion of other operating systems.
I didn't say I use this Linux. I just said I found it when searching on distrowatch for another distro not Debian/Devuan to test on my Bhyve. I found it's BSD-like and I shared my experience about it. Nothing else. I still use FreeBSD as my only OS.

I tried CRUX, but it has few packages. I don't think there is even an LXDE. Which is a rather a basic desktop.
I also tried GENTOO but ended in a USE FLAG configuration hell.
I tried VOID linux but there where few configuration options for the compilation of the packages.
So ...

Let's start FakeOS (or CrapOS). The ultimate Linux-based bullsh*t distro & place it on DistroWatch. We can put in some random crashing kernel-ooops. Would be fun to see what happens... ;)

More clicks -> higher rank -> more clicks
It's THE implementation of "XNOR gate" (P iff Q, aka Logical Biconditional) in a website.

More clicks -> higher rank -> more clicks
It's THE implementation of "XNOR gate" (P iff Q, aka Logical Biconditional) in a website.
Nope. I searched using distrowatch's search and found CRUX along with other distros and picked CRUX. I searched with the terms Linux, source-based and init system is not systemd. I didn't rely on distrowatch's popularity ranking.

Reactions: a6h
Back