I can't turn on hikari and sway.

Hi, I'm having trouble getting hikari and sway running. I'm not using x11. I have installed drm-kmod. What could I have done wrong? I've been "using" FreeBSD for several hours and have a fairly little English, so the bug can be really stupid.
When trying to start hikari:
Code:
jakub@FreeKuba /usr/home/jakub $ hikari
08:08:08.823 [libseat] [libseat/libseat.c:83] No backend was able to open a seat 00:00:00.823 [backend/session/session.c:84] Unable to create seat: Function not implemented
08:08:08.824 [backend/session/session.c:249] Failed to load session backend
88:88:88.824 [backend/backend.c:861 Failed to start a session 888:88:88.824 [backend/backend.c:352] Failed to start a DRM session
error: could not create backend t
When trying to start sway:
Code:
jakub@FreeKuba /usr/home/jakub $ sway
XDG_RUNTIME_DIR in not set in the environment. Aborting
I don't have /etc/sway/config/
So, I don't copy /etc/sway/config/ to ~/.config/sway/config.

Hi!

First of all - just to be sure: You're not using an Nvidia GPU, right? The Nvidia driver API doesn't (currently) work with wayland: https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/nvidia-current-status.81980/

Regarding the error when trying to launch hikari: If I recall correctly, you need to install sysutils/seatd. I'm not sure whether you also have to manually launch the service or not - I think not.

Regarding the error when trying to launch sway: As the error tells you, XDG_RUNTIME_DIR isn't set in the current environment.
I have never productively used wayland, but I did play around with both hikari & sway and according to my notes something like this did the trick:
Code:
setenv XDG_RUNTIME_DIR /tmp
As such, /tmp might not be a good location - somebody with actual wayland experience might provide better details here.

The XDG_RUNTIME_DIR environment variable is specific to wayland so this should apply to both hikary & sway (but again, I know very little to nothing about wayland).

I have AMD Radeon RX460. I forgot that systemd sets it to `/run/user/$UID` by default, and I was surprised because the first 20 results in Google were asked for XDG_RUNTIME_DIR systemd. Once I set up the variable and installed seatd. Now the results look like this:
Code:
jakub@Freekuba /usr/home/jakub $ $XDG RUNTIME_DIR = /tmp/jakub/

bFreeKuba Ausr/home/jakub $ sway

08:08:08.882 [ulr] [libseat] [libseat/libseat.c:83] No backend was able to open a seat

08:08:08.882 [vir] [backend/session/session.c:84] Unable to create seat: Function not implemented

88:88.882 [vir] [backend/session/session.c:2491 Failed to load session backend 8:88.882 [vir] [backend/backend.c:861 Failed to start a session

8:88:88.882 Tvir] [backend/backend.c:3521 Failed to start a DRM session

88:88:88.882 Esvay/server.c:561 Unable to create backend

FreeKube /usr/home/jakub $ hikari

88:88:88,888 [1ibseat] [libseat/libseat.c:83] No backend was able to open a seat 38:08.888 [backend/session/session.c:841 Unable to create seat: Function not implemented

8:88,888 (backend/session/session.c:2491 Failed to load session backend

88:88:88.888 [backend/backend.c:861 Failed to start a session 88:88:88.888 [backend/backend.c:3521 Failed to start a DRM session

error: could not create backend

Enable and start the seatd service.
# sudo sysrc seatd_enable=YES
# sudo service seatd start

And make sure your username is in video group
# sudo pw groupmod video -m <your-username>

Without changes. Except I executed these commands as a normal user belonging to the wheel group, as I don't see any point in using sudo as root.
Code:
Jakub@Freekuba /usr/home/jakub $ sudo sysrc seatd_ecnaable=YES
Password:
seatd_ecnaable: YES -> YES
Jakub@FreeKuba /usr/home/jakub $cat /etc/rc.conf
hostname="Freekuba"
keymap="pl. kbd"
ifconfig_re0="DHCP"
iifconfig_re_ipv6="inet6 accept_rtadv" Ilocal_unbound_enable="YES"
mmoused_enable="YES"
ntpdate_enable="YES"  powerd_enable="YES"
# Set dumpdev to "AUTO" to enable crash dumps, "NO" to disable
dumpdev="AUTO"
kld_list="amdgpu"
seat_enable="YES"
seatd_ecnaable="YES"
jakub@Freekuba /usr/home/jakub $ sudo service seatd start
Cannot 'start' seatd. Set seatd_enable to YES in /etc/rc.conf or use 'onestart'

You have a bunch of typos in your rc.conf. Which is why it's not working for you.

Code:
keymap="pl. kbd"
Has a space where there shouldn't be any

Code:
iifconfig_re_ipv6="inet6 accept_rtadv" Ilocal_unbound_enable="YES"
Double i and two variables on one line.

Code:
ntpdate_enable="YES"  powerd_enable="YES"
Again, two variables on one line.

Code:
seat_enable="YES"
seatd_ecnaable="YES"