M = ((int)(j) + 1)*100 + (i+1);
   }
   printf("you get in 32 %d \n", M[32]);
   printf("you get in 32 %d \n", M[51]);
   getchar();

return 0;
}
It was compiled and ran, but in geany_run_script_XXXXXX.sh
I opened the folder and try to run compiled file but I have get: "command not found"
chmod 777 file_name didn't helps me. What I'm doing wrong?

Good news everyone! I have started the file in Midnight Commander, but still get "command not found" at Terminal emulation in XFCE...
What's the problem?

A shot in the dark. Try prepending the script name with ./ i.e. ./geany_run_script_XXXXXX.sh. The current directory is normally not in the PATH.

A shot in the dark. Try prepending the script name with ./ i.e. ./geany_run_script_XXXXXX.sh. The current directory is normally not in the PATH.
Thank you, I just forget about this special of nix-systems =)))

What is the role of the ./ prefix to commands? Is this a shell thing or path related? I tried searching with no luck.
So there is /. and dotslash ./ used I think.

What is the role of the ./ prefix to commands? Is this a shell thing or path related? I tried searching with no luck.
So there is /. and dotslash ./ used I think.

It's related to $PATH. If your $PATH lacks the current directory . you have to prefix commands in your current directory with a ./, otherwise your shell will complain "command not found".

When you executes a command (such as ls, for example), the terminal searches the PATH variable (you can see its value expanding it with $ (like $PATH)), so ls expands to /bin/ls (I guess that's the correct path).

So, let's assume you have a executable shell script at your home folder (~/myexec.sh). Typing myexec.sh throws "command not found" because your home folder isn't in $PATH, so you need to tell your terminal where to find myexec.sh. The ./ is the same thing as $(pwd)/ ( pwd is the command which prints your current directory), so, on your home folder, ./ expands to ~/ or /home/your-name/, meaning that ./myexec.sh is the same as ~/myexec.sh or /home/your-name/myexec.sh. I might be wrong, but is something like that.

Back