I am having problems with the Nvidea Driver not loading after the driver was updated.

Howdy

I am having problems with my Freebsd 12.0 P7. I just updated it with the pkg update The Nvidea video driver was updated to the current version. I am using a Dell Precision T3600 with a Nvidea Quattro 5000 video card.
After the update I get the error message on start up kldload unable to load nvidea-modeset message. I am also getting a gvfs-hal-volume-mon core dump as well as the automount coredump. Gnome-keyring-daemon has been core dumping for a while.
When I look at /var/log/Xorg.log I get the message dbusXorg is not working alos.
I see the other message about a similiar problem on another forum?
Do I wait for an update to fix this? I could go back to freebsd 11.1?
I was real pleased how freebsd was running and now this? When I was using Ubuntu I had a problem with the Gnome desktop not running. An update came along that fixed it.

Thanks in advance

Considering that you consistently misspell "Nvidia" as "Nvidea" and the proper driver setup requires typing that word correctly* multiple times it's a bit hard to believe it was working at all. How exactly did you install the driver?

* there exists a way to skip pkg install nvidia-driver command, but that is really not recommended

I followed the Instruction in the Handbook. It was running weel for a while. I think the problems started when pkg update installed the latest nvidia video drivers?

The driver had not been updated in a while. Please, post your /var/log/Xorg.0.log and dmesg | grep -E "(nvidia|NVRM)" output. And pkg info nvidia-driver just in case.

Thank you. i got the system running again. I updated the Ports and reinstalled the nvidia-driver. It is running well now

Thank you

Back