Hyperbola Gnu Linux changing to Bsd

NIH syndrome?
Heh, I am a big fan of the NIH "solution" and in my opinion the OpenBSD guys have perfected it (and consistently do fantastic work).
However in this case from the Hyperbola project, it is just weird...
Do they not read their own roadmap? Possibly if they assigned hours to each task they would quickly realise that they might not have enough justification :/

<troll>
Perhaps as a Linux distro, it should just stick to what they do best; changing the default background wallpaper.
</troll>

Over the last few months, I've sensed a movement in the Force and notice more and more talk about FreeBSD and BSDs in general among the general technical population.
Since the Kernel Protection Meltdown and Spectre a Gnu Linux 5 is a too slow and removing the protection patches is dangerous.

Over the last few months, I've sensed a movement in the Force and notice more and more talk about FreeBSD and BSDs in general among the general technical population.

Not surprising. I ended up using FreeBSD myself because I don't like where the GNU stuff is going, that is becoming more commercialized. I think more and more people may be looking for something less motivated by corporate interests. That being the case it makes even less sense to develop a GPL'd BSD.

Back