hpijs port is down, can't install HP DeskjetnF390

Had to do a new install of DesktopBSD 1.7, (freebsd 7.2) and discovered that the hpijs port is broken. I have a HP Deskjet F390 which worked fine prior to reinstallation, but is no longer supported in the latest hplip port so need to install hpijs. I have tried a ppd file from a linux install but that does not work. Does anyone know the status on repairing the hpijs port or is there a workaround/freebsd driver file that can get my printer off it's butt? It's a real pain having to re-boot to linux just to print.

Hi SirDice. Thanks for pointing me over to desktopbsd forum, but in case you didn't know, desktop bsd is dying unfortunately which is why I came here.

teaandtoast said:
Hi SirDice. Thanks for pointing me over to desktopbsd forum, but in case you didn't know, desktop bsd is dying unfortunately which is why I came here.

I know it's dying ;)

As for the port (print/hpijs) itself, your best bet is to contact the port's maintainer.

Ok will do. It's a darn shame that DBSD has hit a roadblock. Peter H needs a big thanks for bringing people like me to freebsd. Thanks again. I will post as soon as I have news on this issue.

Back