Solved HP ProLiant Gen8 (G1610T) fails to boot.

I'm trying to install FreeBSD 11 on the HP ProLiant Gen8 (G1610T). But it fails to boot on using the default FreeBSD bootloader. The drives as configured as AHCI devices via the BIOS. The boot drive is formated using a GPT partition table using the ZFS filesystem and the bootloader is set to install as "GPT (BIOS)" which is the default.

Has anyone else had any luck installing FreeBSD on the HP ProLiant Gen8 (G1610T)?

I think installing the grub bootloader (as a replacement for the FreeBSD bootloader) might lead to success. But I'd much prefer to stick to the official and original FreeBSD bootloader.

I remember installing a version of FreeBSD on that machine a few months back. But I can't remember how I did it.

I'll add an update if I can get it to work in the future.

Has anyone else had any luck installing FreeBSD on the HP ProLiant Gen8 (G1610T)?

Can you give the actual Proliant type? G1610T is an Intel Celeron Processor type.

We use a ton of Proliant DL360 and DL380 G8 with FreeBSD 9.3 and 10.3, and have recently done a
few installation tests with 11.1, all within normal parameters.

Solution.

Use AHCI instead of RAID and use only front hard-drive bays instead of optical-drive bay for boot hard-drive.

I may test the microSD card slot as the boot device soon.

Back