HOWTO: FreeBSD Desktop - Part 16 - Configuration - Pause Any Application

As if you haven't done enough already, sound on FreeBSD would be a most enlightening subject. By the end of the month, I may find time to write something up on it, assuming I can get my own issues resolved.

As if you haven't done enough already, sound on FreeBSD would be a most enlightening subject. By the end of the month, I may find time to write something up on it, assuming I can get my own issues resolved.
I haven't got problems with sound on FreeBSD since ages, looking forward to your article/howto.

Please send it to me by PM or other way so I will not miss it.

Thanks,
vermaden

vermaden Problems I'm having are sound works fine through speakers but headphones on the front panel don't work. Others on this forum have had the same issues, and I've bookmarked their solutions and comments, but none of them have worked for me. The problem I have with all that is I haven't had the time to understand how all the settings relate to one another and, at the moment, it appears to be like playing with rabbit ear antennas on a TV. I'm sure I can make that connection when I have the time--just not now.

vermaden Problems I'm having are sound works fine through speakers but headphones on the front panel don't work. Others on this forum have had the same issues, and I've bookmarked their solutions and comments, but none of them have worked for me. The problem I have with all that is I haven't had the time to understand how all the settings relate to one another and, at the moment, it appears to be like playing with rabbit ear antennas on a TV. I'm sure I can make that connection when I have the time--just not now.

This is best explanation I have found in that problem:

I have had the same problem with ThinkPad T420s (T420/T520/W520/X220 does not need that 'hack').
# SOUND ON HEADPHONES

Code:
% tail -4 /boot/device.hints
# SOUND ON HEADPHONES
hint.hdaa.0.nid31.config="as=1"
hint.hdaa.0.nid25.config="as=1 seq=15 device=Headphones mute=0 misc=0"
hint.hdaa.0.nid28.config="as=1 seq=15 device=Headphones mute=0 misc=0"

To find these 'lines' I have spend about a day ...

Back