How to use KeyDB (https://keydb.dev)

You build a port for it, submit it and then it'll be available. Or find someone willing and able to do that for you.

Looking at their page they say they are porting to FreeBSD at some point, but they seem to think it's currently Linux-only?

KeyDB can be compiled and is tested for use on Linux. KeyDB currently relies on SO_REUSEPORT's load balancing behavior which is available only in Linux. When we support marshalling connections across threads we plan to support other operating systems such as FreeBSD.

"Only available in Linux" makes it seem like a rather difficult project to start on FreeBSD.

It seems to be a fork of Redis, so you could have look at the FreeBSD port of that and see if that helps.

To prepare this package, you need to download the source from github and make it compile and work on FreeBSD and test it etc.

There's the FreeBSD porters handbook, but that doesn't seem to be online at the moment: https://docs.freebsd.org/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/

Looking at their page they say they are porting to FreeBSD at some point, but they seem to think it's currently Linux-only?

KeyDB can be compiled and is tested for use on Linux. KeyDB currently relies on SO_REUSEPORT's load balancing behavior which is available only in Linux. When we support marshalling connections across threads we plan to support other operating systems such as FreeBSD.

"Only available in Linux" makes it seem like a rather difficult project to start on FreeBSD.

It seems to be a fork of Redis, so you could have look at the FreeBSD port of that and see if that helps.

To prepare this package, you need to download the source from github and make it compile and work on FreeBSD and test it etc.

There's the FreeBSD porters handbook, but that doesn't seem to be online at the moment: https://docs.freebsd.org/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/
Hello, Canada! Thank you.

So I downloaded this project from the repository and tried to compile it by pre-installing the dependencies, but not all similar dependencies could be found for Freebsd (looking at ubuntu).
For example:
Code:
sudo apt install build-essential nasm autotools-dev autoconf libjemalloc-dev tcl tcl-dev uuid-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev git
So, this successfully install: build-essential (include in FreeBSD from box), nasm, autotools-dev (autotools-20130627), autoconf, tcl, git.
It is difficult to find: libjemalloc-dev, uuid-dev, libcurl4-openssl-dev.

If I believe this, setsockopt(2), FreeBSD supports this option:
SO_REUSEPORT_LB enables duplicate address and port bindings with
load balancing
But I don't know since which version.

Poke - did this get anywhere ? I'd *might* be able to pick up and help with finishing the port ... as long as there isn't any massive low level C/C++ changes needed.

Back