how to uninstall freebsd

i am using an old dell laptop. today, i turned it on and instead of booting windows, it booted this thing called freebsd. how do i get freebsd off my computer, all i wanted was to go on facebook.

i tried logging in and my windows credentials and email doesn't work.

i haven't even upgraded to windows 10, i was using windows 7. how am i expected to learn freebsd just to use my laptop? i don't know much about computers and am posting this from the library.

you seem to be posting complex computer hacking crap nobody can even understand.

Who didn't hear of spontaneous FreeBSD self-installs, happens all the time.
One of the more amusing trolls for sure 🥳

If you want Windows, grab an installation medium and install it, shouldn't be rocket science :cool:

i turned it on and instead of booting windows, it booted this thing called freebsd
Take a piece of paper, write "FreeBSD 2021/04/29" on it, put it in front of the laptop with "this thing called freebsd" clearly visible. Take a photo, post it there.

you seem to be posting complex computer hacking crap nobody can even understand.
Thanks! We are quite proud of it.

This could be a troll post, sure, but for all I know OP bought a used laptop and ran into a situation.

i am using an old dell laptop. today, i turned it on and instead of booting windows, it booted this thing called freebsd. how do i get freebsd off my computer, all i wanted was to go on facebook.
As the others mentioned: just get a Windows installer CD and well.. Actually install Windows. A procedure which is offtopic here for obvious reasons.

You don't 'just' uninstall operating systems. Applies to both Windows and FreeBSD.

I'd suggest getting someone in real life to help you out with this.

Its all this fork()ing. I knew it. You can use rlimits on it to make it happen 2-3 times a year, like any normal marriage.

i haven't even upgraded to windows 10, i was using windows 7. how am i expected to learn freebsd just to use my laptop? i don't know much about computers and am posting this from the library.

Thank you for your topic it was entertaining.

I've seen this happen before. It's a bit like restarting the heart, your computer just needs a shock.
Instructions:
1. Unplug the computer from the wall socket.
2. Pick up the computer (get a friend to help, if it is heavy).
3. Raise it above your head then drop it on the ground.
4. Re-plug the computer into the wall socket.
5. Begin using MacOS.

To be fair, my partner accuses me of any computer she leaves around the house, ends up with FreeBSD on it sooner or later XD

Can an admin please check that EmilyHilton's IP isn't the same as mine. Otherwise I should probably lay low for a while XD

Back