Solved How to transfer files from android to FreeBSD?

I use this sshd, sftp server on android:

And then connect with ssh, scp, sftp or rsync clients from FreeBSD or other system.

It is important to have the server in android, because it is on the client side where you make the connection and, if it is a normal computer, you have on it a normal keyboard and monitor.

You use the phone as Wifi AP (tetering), start the above server, and then start the connection with the PC, on the phone you see what password to use.

I did allow file transfer in my phone, but I get a message said can't transfer files at the moment after run jmtpfs in the terminal.

I use Total Commander on my phone as my local file manager. My home file server exports as NFS for my FreeBSD boxes and SMB for my wifes Windows box. With those two conditions in place anyway, adding the LAN Plugin for Total Commander allowing my phone to connect to one or more server SMB shares was the most obvious thing for me. Total Commander is a two pane file manager, swipe to slide between panes. It works for me, YMMV :)

it's working for me when i start it as root

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-02-05_23-48-56.png
    Screenshot_2023-02-05_23-48-56.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 79
I compiled android-file-transfer-qt5, and run android-file-transfer as root, I can tarnsfer files between my phone and system now, thanks all.

sysutils/fusefs-jmtpfs, over USB cable, the Androids file system mounted on FreeBSD.

Connect android device on FreeBSD machine, as root execute jmtpfs, on android device allow access, mount file system: jmtpfs /mnt -o allow_other, as user browse file system by terminal, file manager, perform file transfer operations.

I've tried to come up with a line for /etc/fstab that would allow to mount with mount /phone (after mkdir /phone). I'm not sure what to put in column 1 (Device) and column 3 (fstype). Is this possible at all?

Back