How to setup VsFTPD - message ftpd_banner and second message after login password sucess..

Hello, please can help vsftpd on freebsd 12 ,
I installed vsftpd on freebsd, as I do to create a message right after it connects successfully. the banner and setup inside vsftpd.conf right, but it has a text message right after you are connected, you know where to create this text with this message, example from http://ftp.freebsd.org
Code:
Connected to http://ftp.geo.freebsd.org.
220 This is ftp0.nyi.freebsd.org – hosted at NYI.net. 
Name (ftp.freebsd.org:lika): anonymous
331 Please specify the password.
Password:
230-
230-This is ftp0.nyi.FreeBSD.org, graciously hosted by
230-New York Internet – NYI.net
230-
230-FreeBSD files can be found in the /pub/FreeBSD directory.
230-
230 Login successful.
first shows ftpd_banner and after that it shows another message text, where this text is created …
wait
thank you

Code:
dirmessage_enable
    If enabled, users of the FTP server can be shown messages when they first enter a new directory. By default, a directory is scanned for the file .message, but that may be overridden with the configuration setting message_file.

Default: NO (but the sample config file enables it) 

message_file
    This option is the name of the file we look for when a new directory is entered. The contents are displayed to the remote user. This option is only relevant if the option dirmessage_enable is enabled.

Default: .message

Code:
dirmessage_enable
    If enabled, users of the FTP server can be shown messages when they first enter a new directory. By default, a directory is scanned for the file .message, but that may be overridden with the configuration setting message_file.

Default: NO (but the sample config file enables it)

message_file
    This option is the name of the file we look for when a new directory is entered. The contents are displayed to the remote user. This option is only relevant if the option dirmessage_enable is enabled.

Default: .message

SirDice this message I'm talking about and right after you enter your password and then this message is shown, example from ftp.freebsd.org
the first message shown is ftpd_banner right after another message is shown, you can check it by connecting to ftp.freebsd.org
wait
thank you

SirDice this message I'm talking about and right after you enter your password and then this message is shown, example from ftp.freebsd.org
the first message shown is ftpd_banner right after another message is shown, you can check it by connecting to ftp.freebsd.org
wait
thank you

see the message .
I am talking about this message after entering your login name.
Code:
331 Please specify the password.
Password:
230-
230-This is ftp0.nyi.FreeBSD.org, graciously hosted by
230-New York Internet - NYI.net
230-
230-FreeBSD files can be found in the /pub/FreeBSD directory.
230-
230 Login successful.

That's http://ftp.geo.freebsd.org/.message which is enabled with the options I showed above.

Code:
This is ftp0.bme.FreeBSD.org, graciously hosted by Bytemark.

FreeBSD files can be found in the /pub/FreeBSD directory.

SirDice
already understand I created the message archive inside the _root site
and I did the test now it worked, it's working.
I thank you very much for your attention and patience.
thank you brother
BadB

You can create a different .message file in each directory. It will be automatically shown when a visitor changes to that directory.

You can create a different .message file in each directory. It will be automatically shown when a visitor changes to that directory.
Okay, now how do I create this message for each directory?
have to create this .message file within each directory?
example of this ftp that you gave as an example.
ftp0.bme.FreeBSD.org
when I enter the directory it shows this message.
Code:
ftp> cd FreeBSD
250-ISO images of FreeBSD releases may be found in the releases/ISO-IMAGES
250-directory.  For independent files and tarballs, see individual
250-releases/${machine}/${machine_arch} directories.  For example,
250-releases/amd64/amd64 and releases/powerpc/powerpc64.
250 Directory successfully changed.
ok..

I tried to generate the list of directories and sub directories with this command dir list -cftuvSUX but did not create the dir.sizes file inside the directory / home / ftp
can you teach me the correct command line?
thank you

good morming ...
Why do you think you need them?

And because I was wondering how to make dir.sizes like it was done on ftp0.bme.FreeBSD.org
I'm doing like this Rf> dir.sizes but it doesn't show the directory and subdirectories the same
1234567 / FreeBSD
123456678 / FreeBSD/release
right

thanks

Back