Solved how to rollback from partial 12.0 installation to a pure 11.2

I upgraded 11.2 to 12.0.
I've just run freebsd-update install once, then the first reboot failed.

It doesn't matter, i will upgrade later to the 11.3,
then now i boot from the former kernel.
How can i retrieve a clean 11.2 system ? Does freebsd-update rollback work only for update, as I understood freebsd-update() ?

Since this partial upgrading, i can't connect to 2 Bhyve freebsd11. 2 VMs, but it will be better to create a new thread

There won't be 11.3, never. You should understand the problem and solve it.

I think roolback takes care of all but since I never used it, I can't say for sure.

There won't be 11.3, never. You should understand the problem and solve it.
Don't post nonsenses. It will be a FreeBSD 11.3-RELEASE. I don't know about a 11.4 but 11.3 it will definitely be. And my statement is based on this:
The patch to provide support for early loading of Intel microcode updates is currently in review and awaiting feedback. We aim to ensure that the new functionality is available in FreeBSD 12.0, and we plan to backport it to FreeBSD 11-STABLE, ensuring that it will be available in [COLOR=rgb(184, 49, 47)]FreeBSD 11.3[/COLOR].
and this:

As for the rollback if you didn't install a custom kernel and you didn't modify the /etc/freebsd-update.conf running freebsd-update rollback should work without incidents. freebsd-update install only affects the OS not third party software you've installed. So as long as you didn't run pkg-static upgrade -f or portmaster -af rolling back to the previews version should work flawless.

Don't post nonsenses. It will be a FreeBSD 11.3-RELEASE. I don't know about a 11.4 but 11.3 it will definitely be. And my statement is based on this:
I'm ok with this, it's just I didn't know it was "nonsense". You're as top knowledgable as your're fine diplomat...

I though as there is a 12.0-RELEASE, the developpemet of 11-RELEASE was stopped. It's more complex than I believed.

That said, soon or late, one have to stick to the latest RELEASE version, I mean the 12.

I'm ok with this, it's just I didn't know it was "nonsense". You're as top knowledgable as your're fine diplomat...

I though as there is a 12.0-RELEASE, the developpemet of 11-RELEASE was stopped. It's more complex than I believed.

That said, soon or late, one have to stick to the latest RELEASE version, I mean the 12.
I'm not a diplomat, never was one and probable I'll never be one. As for the FreeBSD latest release, that it's not necessary to be 12.x. Every major FreeBSD release has a support of 5 years, if you paied more atention to the above picture you've seen that 11.x branch is supported till 2021 wich means there could be a 11.4-RELEASE and since 12.x branch has an EOL in 2020 you could potentially upgrade from 11.4 to 13.x.

Back