How to remove FireFox ???

Hello,
i install gnome 2.* from ports. With gnome is installed a Fire Fox 2.0.0.18. I must to delete Fire Fox. But i do not know who is the best way to do it. I wish to delete all ports that depend on the FireFox 2.0.0.18 not only FireFox. I use pkg_delete he erased only firefox no depend ports. The command or what you recommend to do this ?

well most likely everything in gnome2 that depends on a gecko implementation. but nothing depends on Firefox it's just using it for the gecko requirement which I m not sure how to find exactly for which ports actually depend on gecko maybe someone else will know.

ports-mgmt/pkg_cutleaves is what you want, but it won't work this time, because ff2 is gnome2 dependency

pkg_cutleaves is simple to use script

Yesterday I deleted the firefox but my epiphany can work.
Finally, I installed it again.
I think we can cut some dependencies from the meta ports by editing the meta ports' makefile.

fender0107401 said:
Yesterday I deleted the firefox but my epiphany can work.
Finally, I installed it again.
I think we can cut some dependencies from the meta ports by editing the meta ports' makefile.

maybe ff2 source is just necessary to build epiphany.....

killasmurf86 said:
maybe ff2 source is just necessary to build epiphany.....
I think so, the epiphany browser may have some run dependency.
drhowarddrfine said:
fwiw, epiphany's rendering engine is the same as Firefox.
Maybe the denpendency is the rendering engine.

I have one media player, one irc client......,but I have two web browser, and one is never used and can be deleted. :(

Can we separate the engine from browser application?

Add to /etc/make.conf:
Code:
WITH_GECKO=xulrunner
and rebuild GNOME. Then GNOME won't depend on firefox 2 anymore.

fender0107401 said:
How about the epiphany browser, it will work without firefox?

Yep. It works fine. It'll be build with xulrunner. I never use it though as I install FF3 once I'm done building :e

SirDice said:
Yep. It works fine. It'll be build with xulrunner. I never use it though as I install FF3 once I'm done building :e
Thank you very much, it works for me, and I found this when I make install epiphany again:
[quoteï¼½
epiphany is using xulrunner for gecko support, but you can
change that by defining WITH_GECKO to the following values:
firefox
xulrunner
[/QUOTE]

I re-installed epiphany and gnome-cd again, because these depend on firefox. :e

SirDice said:
Thank you very much, it works for me, and I found this when I make install epiphany again:
epiphany is using xulrunner for gecko support, but you can
change that by defining WITH_GECKO to the following values:
firefox
xulrunner
I re-installed epiphany and gnome-cd again, because these depend on firefox. :e

Back