How to Read the 'handbook' ...

I have 11.1 installed but only a command line terminal.
The 'handbook' and 'faq' files are .html ....
I tried to read them with 'xo' but it didn't work ....

How can I read the handbook and faq info ...

The 'handbook' and 'faq' files are .html ....
I tried to read them with 'xo' but it didn't work ....

How can I read the handbook and faq info ...
Which handbook do you mean? There are several options here.

If you installed the handbook from the ports collection then it will be in several formats, not just HTML. So txt and PDF are also a thing. I'm now referring to misc/freebsd-doc-en for example. The handbook would be found under /usr/share/doc/handbook/book.txt.

But if you mean the online handbook then you'll need a browser. You could set up a GUI but it might be easier to rely on www/lynx or www/links, both are text browsers and will allow you to access the handbook from the console.

Which handbook do you mean? There are several options here.

If you installed the handbook from the ports collection then it will be in several formats, not just HTML. So txt and PDF are also a thing. I'm now referring to misc/freebsd-doc-en for example. The handbook would be found under /usr/share/doc/handbook/book.txt.

But if you mean the online handbook then you'll need a browser. You could set up a GUI but it might be easier to rely on www/lynx or www/links, both are text browsers and will allow you to access the handbook from the console.

That's interesting, I just followed the link in the motd ... good to know other options.
I have been thinking of downloading w3m or elinks .

Thanks Much.

Back