How to keep FreeBSD updated

Hello I would like to know if there is any way to keep FreeBSD updated and this without having to reinstall
What do I mean? For example, suppose I am using Kde Plasma which I want to update to the latest version without waiting for the next stable release to be released as ae would in a rolling release like Arch Linux for example. How is this done?

Updating packages; pkg upgrade
Updating the base OS: freebsd-update(8)

By the way mw would like to know if anyone knows how to do this on NetBSD and OpenBSD since I plan to install them together with FreeBSD, I ask this here because I don't know where to find OpenBSD and NetBSD users because I do not see that there are forums of these operating systems and I hope not bother with this
Rule #7: FreeBSD Forums Rules

Updating packages; pkg upgrade
Updating the base OS: freebsd-update(8)
Can you pass me the part of the manual where they teach you to use FreeBSD update and this applies to OpenBSD and NetBSD? I know they are different but as I say I would like to know how to do the same in these operating systems.

As I said I hope not to bother with this, I just try to obtain information about these 3 operating systems that are my favorites (for various reasons) to be able to install them and use them in the appropriate way and adapt to my needs, I do not look for them to be easy at all I really like reading and learning (I study computer science among many things)

I have similar question but with little difference. Is there option to install only critical security updates (automatically)?

Back