How to install PHP56 (EoL)

This did the trick

hello marian! thank you for the php56 ports

but i get the following error when i try to install pdo_mysql package
i already have mysql.so located at the path.

Actually , i only need php56-openssl5.39 package for my server . can you by any chance upload/provide php56 version 39 for us ? :) :)

best regards ,

Code:
===>  Staging for php56-pdo_mysql-5.6.40
===>   php56-pdo_mysql-5.6.40 depends on file: /usr/local/include/php/main/php.h - found
===>   php56-pdo_mysql-5.6.40 depends on file: /usr/local/lib/php/20131226/pdo.so - found
Error: bad dependency syntax in RUN_DEPENDS
expecting: pattern:origin[@flavour][:target]
got: /usr/local/lib/php/20131226/mysql.so:
Errors with dependencies.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /usr/local/ports/php56/databases/php56-pdo_mysql
*** Error code 1

I have extracted PHP 5.6 ports from the ports tree before it was removed and provided instructions how to install it.

I have also updated the version from 5.6.39 to the latest 5.6.40.

See: https://github.com/mariancerny/freebsd-ports-php56

Thanks so much, marian_cerny — your package is absolutely phenomenal and very, very complete; so much so, that I was surprised at how flawless the build went (in spite of the many warnings regarding possible caveats). I've very successfully installed everything I needed under 11.2-RELEASE-p11 😸

Works great on FreeBSD 12.1-RELEASE-p8.
Using it for an offline system till we can upgrade it to php7.x

Many thanks!

Or you can configure it with different options and extensions like this for Ngixn+FPM:
./configure --with-config-file-path=/usr/local/etc/php-fpm/ --with-config-file-scan-dir=/usr/local/etc/php-fpm/ --with-fpm-user=user --with-fpm-group=group --with-curl --enable-mysqlnd --enable-mbstring --enable-soap --with-mcrypt --with-openssl --enable-calendar --with-gd --enable-inline-optimization --enable-sockets --enable-mbregex --enable-exif --with-jpeg-dir=/var/tmp --with-png-dir=/var/tmp --enable-bcmath --with-mhash --enable-zip --with-mysql --with-pdo-mysql --with-mysqli --enable-ftp --with-gettext --with-xmlrpc --enable-opcache --enable-fpm
depends on your configuration and extensions for your website requirements
or type ./configure --help and you will see all list of available options

I used to be in the same line of thought that such outdated pkgs should still be deployable and usable. But this is at the detriment of uninformed users on your website, where you are exploiting vulnerabilities in the version of PHP codebase. Perhaps your intentions are different.

The onus is now on the community to decide if this kind of thread should gain momentum.

My 2 cents!

Back