How to install PHP 5.3 on Freebsd

Hello,
I just downloaded the PHP 5.3 tar.gz file and need to install it.
In the /usr/ports/lang/php5 directory I have an older PHP version that I need to replace with this one.

Can anybody tell me all the steps to install this new PHP version?

The older version was installed with 'make install' from the ports directory but this one I don't know how to start.

In addition I need GD, MYSQL, etc. I've downloaded the latest version of GD but the situation is the same...

Thank you.

OK, thank you for your advice Ben!!
But now I need to install the latest stable PHP version.
Which one do you recommend me? And the same thing for my previous post: How do I install it?

The exact situation is this: I had installed version 5.29, working fine except that GD wasn't completelly installed (I need JPG Support)
I read that it's necessary to rebuild PHP to add that feature.
I did what you mentioned, and now I have version 5.1.6 (older then the original) with less components than before (no MySql, no GD, etc).

Version 5.1.6 was on /usr/ports/lang/php5 but it appears that the server had built with version 5.29

What can I do to install the 5.29 version with all the components?

Thank you. I already have installed version 5.1.6 with all the extensions.
What I need now is to upgrade to PHP version 5.2.9. How can I do it?

Was it installed via ports? Just update your ports collection (portsnap or cvsup), and do the standard upgrading (I personally use portmaster, so do `portmaster -Bd lang/php5`.

If it wasn't installed via ports, see my previous post in this thread.

Edit: Ports has 5.2.11, any specific reason you need .9?

It was installed using
Code:
cd /usr/ports/lang/php5 
make config 
make install clean

The same with extensions.

I have installed 5.1.16 now. I don't know how to upgrade ports... Do I have to download the tar.gz file first or is there some automatic command?

Back