I get this error when I make install clean:

Code:
~$ cd /usr/ports/x11/nvidia-driver
nvidia-driver$ sudo make install clean                                        
Password:
===>  Installing for nvidia-driver-390.87_3
===>  Checking if nvidia-driver is already installed
===>   Registering installation for nvidia-driver-390.87_3
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/x11/nvidia-driver/work/stage/usr/local/lib/libEGL_nvidia.so.0:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/x11/nvidia-driver/work/stage/usr/local/lib/libGLESv2_nvidia.so:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/x11/nvidia-driver/work/stage/usr/local/lib/libGLESv2_nvidia.so.2:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/x11/nvidia-driver/work/stage/usr/local/lib/libGLX.so:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/x11/nvidia-driver/work/stage/usr/local/lib/libGLX.so.0:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/x11/nvidia-driver/work/stage/usr/local/lib/libGLX_indirect.so.0:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/x11/nvidia-driver/work/stage/usr/local/lib/libGLX_nvidia.so:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/x11/nvidia-driver/work/stage/usr/local/lib/libGLX_nvidia.so.0:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/x11/nvidia-driver/work/stage/usr/local/lib/libGLdispatch.so:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/x11/nvidia-driver/work/stage/usr/local/lib/libGLdispatch.so.0:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/x11/nvidia-driver/work/stage/usr/local/lib/libOpenGL.so:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/x11/nvidia-driver/work/stage/usr/local/lib/libOpenGL.so.0:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/x11/nvidia-driver/work/stage/usr/local/share/glvnd/egl_vendor.d/10_nvidia.json:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/x11/nvidia-driver/work/stage/usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/.nvidia/libglxserver_nvidia.so:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/x11/nvidia-driver/work/stage/usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/.nvidia/libglxserver_nvidia.so.1:No such file or directory
*** Error code 74

Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/x11/nvidia-driver
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/x11/nvidia-driver

Clean up the mess and reapply the patch with patch -p1 < whatever-path/nvidia-driver-430.26.patch. You need to run this command from the root directory of the ports tree (/usr/ports in your case).

Clean up the mess and reapply the patch with patch -p1 < whatever-path/nvidia-driver-430.26.patch. You need to run this command from the root directory of the ports tree (/usr/ports in your case).

WOW I knew it had something to do with that patch command. Your solution worked and I am typing this from my NVIDIA card. Thanks so much. I am HUGELY grateful. No more Windows! :D
Thanks everyone!

Back