Solved How to install FreeBSD manully by shell?

Hello everyone,

I plan to manually install freebsd through the Shell and partition by hand, but then I tried to mount the nvd0p2 partition to /, an error occurred in the Manual.

Code:
nvd0            2.0 GB    GPT
  nvd0p1        512 KB    freebsd-boot
  nvd0p2        2.0 GB    freebsd-ufs

The chosen root partition has a preexisting filesystem. If it contains an existing FreeBSD system, please update it with freebsd-update instead of installing a new system on it. The partition can also be erased by pressing "No" and then deleting and recreating it. Are you sure you want to proceed?

I did not create a file system for the nvd0p2 partition.

what should I do?Thank you.

eerie250.png

First of all you don't mount it on /, for the BSD install script you mount the to be populated filesystem under /mnt.
And like Jeckt said, you need to create a filesystem first on nvd0p2 before you can mount it anywhere.

As the others hinted at: if you plan on doing something do make sure you come prepared :D The answer here is that you'd either need newfs(8) if you want to use the UFS filesystem, or you need to repartition entirely if you want to use ZFS.

Anyway, I wrote a guide about this process some time ago. However... it only covers ZFS and not necessarily UFS. Even so, the procedure itself is decently similar:

https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/installing-freebsd-manually-no-installer.63201/

Thank you!

But when I created the file system, I still have received this warning. However, after selecting Yes at this time, it can be installed. Does this mean that this warning is normal?

Back