How to have both Minetest and mpv installed? (luajit issue)

I just did the latest quarterly pkg upgrade yesterday. I'm on FreeBSD 13.1-RELEASE-p5
Minetest was uninstalled due to an issue, and if I try to install Minetest, this is what happens:

Code:
$ pkg install -n minetest
Checking integrity... done (2 conflicting)
  - luajit-openresty-2.1.20220915 conflicts with luajit-devel-2.1.0.20221221 on /usr/local/bin/luajit
  - luajit-openresty-2.1.20220915 conflicts with luajit-devel-2.1.0.20221221 on /usr/local/bin/luajit
Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)
The following 5 package(s) will be affected (of 0 checked):

Installed packages to be REMOVED:
        luajit-devel: 2.1.0.20221221
        mpv: 0.35.0_6,1

New packages to be INSTALLED:
        luajit-openresty: 2.1.20220915
        minetest: 5.6.1

Installed packages to be REINSTALLED:
        at-spi2-core-2.44.1

Number of packages to be removed: 2
Number of packages to be installed: 2
Number of packages to be reinstalled: 1

The process will require 20 MiB more space.
200 KiB to be downloaded.

How can I have both Minetest and mpv installed? They're both important to me.

You could build games/minetest from ports and turn LUAJIT to OFF. Or play with the LUA settings on the multimedia/mpv port:
Code:
====> Lua scripting language support: you have to select exactly one of them
     LUA=off: Lua scripting language support
     LUAJIT=on: Use LuaJIT instead of Lua scripting language support
     LUA_NONE=off: Disable Lua scripting language support

Alternatively, you might want to consider not tracking the quarterly branch but the latest instead. Given that we're talking about ports from the games (and multimedia) category, I assume that this is not a sensitive production server.

This is assuming that the issue was fixed in the meantime. Otherwise, the option presented by SirDice might be more viable.

Thank you for the response: but isn't mixing ports and packages not recommended?
I'd be willing to use ports however, if I could get the ports tree synced with quarterly packages.

Following the quarterly repos is easy. Install the ports tree with git. Update the repo with git pull. And switch it every third month. It is well described in the handbook:

Procedure: Git Method
If more control over the ports tree is needed or if local changes need to be maintained, or if running FreeBSD-CURRENT, Git can be used to obtain the Ports Collection. Refer to the Git Primer for a detailed description of Git.
  1. Git must be installed before it can be used to check out the ports tree. If a copy of the ports tree is already present, install Git like this:
    # cd /usr/ports/devel/git
    # make install clean
If the ports tree is not available, or pkg is being used to manage packages, Git can be installed as a package:
# pkg install git

As needed, switch /usr/ports to a different quarterly branch:

# git -C /usr/ports switch 2020Q4

Back