bhyve How to enable / install TPM on FreeBSD.

Hello to everyone.

I'm trying to virtualize Windows 11 on Linux Ubuntu 21.10 using qemu and kvm. As u probably knows,to do that is necessary to enable TPM and secure boot on KVM. This is the tutorial that I'm reading from :

This task can be achieved easily in Linux + KVM,but we are FreeBSD users,right ? How hard is to do the same thing on FreeBSD ? At least : I'm sure that bhyve does not support TPM. Maybe it supports the secure boot. But,before to think at this,Its necessary to install a specific package on FreeBSD. For Linux is called : Swtpm-tools. Someone knows if there is a package like that for FreeBSD ? thanks.

You can disable the checks, so you'll be able to install windows 11. Unless you really want that.

I didn't find it before,but it is there :

Code:
root@marietto:/usr/home/marietto/Desktop/Files/bhyve # pkg install tpm-tools

Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
FreeBSD repository is up to date.
All repositories are up to date.
pkg: kodi has a missing dependency: libdvdcss
The following 2 package(s) will be affected (of 0 checked):

New packages to be INSTALLED:
opencryptoki: 3.11.0_2
tpm-tools: 1.3.9.1_1

Number of packages to be installed: 2

is this supposed to work out of the box ?

Good morning, afternoon, or evening,

I have posted instructions on bypassing TPM during the Windows 11 install process here. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Hello

I don't care about win11 requirements, but I need TPM for my guest VM (running on a desktop FreeBSD installation). What are my options in FreeBSD?

1) bhyve - no support for TPM. Are there plans for it?
2) VMware player/workstation - not supported on FreeBSD.
3) Virtualbox OSE - TPM work is ongoing, hopefully it will be supported soon (https://www.virtualbox.org/browser/vbox/trunk/src/VBox/Devices/Security/DevTpm.cpp)
4) pass-through TPM device - which hypervisor (and devices) would work best on FreeBSD, any real-life experiences? If I could passthrough my AMD fTPM to bhyve, it would solve my problem.
5) KVM - not supported on FreeBSD.
6) Qemu - can I run it as type2 hypervisor on FreeBSD?

Back