How to enable DRI on Intel using FreeBSD 12-CURRENT with x.org ?

Hi hello dear friends, I have almost setting up my FreeBSD Laptop (Lenovo U410 Laptop) but it seems the Intel
HD 4000 it is a little bit slow on KDE4 (I used before TrueOS and it was fast), I have added the following line on x.org:
/usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/driver-intel.conf:
Code:
Section "Device"
        Identifier "Card0"
        Driver     "intel"
EndSection
Also I have setup the video driver on loader.conf and rc.conf but I think that I may be missing DRI acceleration on X.org. What will I need to add on the driver-intel.conf to enable DRI?

Just remove your driver-intel.conf file, Xorg will detect Hasswell graphics correctly by itself on startup.
Since the video driver isn't required to boot, it's better placed in /etc/rc.conf like this:
Code:
kld_list="i915kms"
and remove whatever you have in your /boot/loader.conf to load the driver.

I encourage you to try the 11.2-BETA instead. The required changes for the new Intel drivers have been added to it. And you can keep it updated with freebsd-update(8) when the release is finalized.

TS says he has HD4000, so that's IvyBridge generation graphics and supported by FreeBSD 11.1's i915km driver .
No need to run CURRENT or 11.2-Beta if it's just for the graphics.
The regular i915kms driver in the base system of CURRENT should work as well and it's not neccessary to install/build the drm-next-kmod driver.

SirDice How's that on 11.2-BETA? Has the drm-next-kmod driver replaced the "regular" i915kms driver?

Thanks so much to all of you guys ! but the fixed the problem doing other things (just to turn off the debug on loader.conf), anyway I will take care of what all of you say but I will be using this computer/laptop with FreeBSD-12-CURRENT it became as a stable!.

Back