Other How to draw a visual representation of database schema out of running db

How to draw a visual representation of database schema out of running db considering that the database is living on mysql or psql
The Example:
example

Is it possible, or it's just wrong thoughts?

Those are called UML diagrams. You can create those with Visio or graphics/dia. You typically design these before you start implementing it in a database, not the other way around. But I'm sure there are scripts or tools that could generate an UML diagram from an existing database.

Those are called UML diagrams. You can create those with Visio or graphics/dia. You typically design these before you start implementing it in a database, not the other way around. But I'm sure there are scripts or tools that could generate an UML diagram from an existing database.
Yep, I'm looking for such tools

And, of course, if you need to specifically draw a flashy diagram for whatever bullshit reason, yEd from yWorks is practically unbeatable. Not open source, though.

I was fond of dia when it popped up but I don't think its been developed since 2009, and does not produce automated layouts.
Just tested yEd, the 3.22 zip does not seem to be available (though I might just have looked in the wrong spot), however the 3.23.1.zip works perfectly (just make a port with updated distinfo and Makefile). They're using a AI database to rearrange layouts, so at least the 'free' version requires you give feedback whether you think the automated layout is good or bad. In exchange it looks to handle quite complex diagrams, use their "one click layout" tool to have it rearrange the layout so connectors don't need to cross each other, looks cute.

Back